The Worker used to be a keen runner, but like the Old Dog, has had to slow down due to creaky joints. The Webmaster loves his two dogs and every morning takes them for a walk round Marshes Hill. When she is on holiday from work, the Worker accompanies him, and then the walks may be longer. Sometimes the Students goes too. Of course it depends on the weather.
Besides the morning walk with the dogs the Webmaster and the Worker also take an evening stroll. The length of which depends on when the Worker gets back from the office, the time of year and the weather. In their otherwise busy schedules it is a time for chatting and putting the world to rights. Where better to do it than in the beautiful local countryside.
- We stand at the top and argue again about the identification of the distant hills
- Your antique sweatshirt isn't lost!
- Shhh, this is Brexit central around here
- Smuggling gravy granules and carrying explosives!
- Whose idea was it to do this without a map?
- When the last snowflake ever melts
- Have you noticed how more people walk the opposite way round to us?
- It'll be a new year soon, maybe things will get better
- Is Boxing Day just a British thing?
- NOT politics. Politics is banned
- What would I do if the man I'd been sitting next to had died in the loo
- Like the Chinese cultural revolution in slow motion
- We can all assume stereotypes to argue against
- The Webmaster's phone rings as we climb the next stile
- About two dozen ducks and a couple of geese are following us
- It sounded like you were underwater
- We can't see much apart from the stars
- We could start a museum
- We are tangled together and can get no traction in the mud
- You could teach men how to become stay at home hobbyists
- That's what they always say
- No gravity, no God
- I still think it's an enormous hoax on the world
- I could have become an internet sensation
- We'll be back in the 16th century
- The Webmaster wriggles, as though dancing to silent music
- I can recognise oak and beech trees
- I know how to get through without getting wet feet
- You'll sound deranged when I write about this in my blog
- I need to hitch up my trousers again but I can't with the dog pulling
- What's the world coming to?
- Well you voted for it, now have it, consequences and all
- What if there are bodies in those bags?
- Are you sure this is right? We should be going up and this looks as though it continues down
- I think my dad used to come here for conkers when he was a boy
- There isn't much sign of the cake
- We'll get stuck in the dark in a muddy field and end up eaten by cows
- The camera shows the shutter speed and aperture. It also says 'no memory card'
- Is it dusk yet?
- The cat soon tires of following us and turns back
- The bats are out tonight
- Let's get a picture of the frog for your blog
- You were mean to me in your last blog
- When we get to my favourite spot I might have a wee
- It will either need replacing or bodging
- It isn't complicated if you know your own name
- Not enough people think, 'What if it were me?'
- Does time pass or is all time now?
- A picture of an aeroplane with 'please don't crash" typed across it